Renting a home is no exception. In fact, 69.3% of apartment shoppers currently use ratings and reviews in their search process. Apartment seekers rely on ratings and reviews more often than word-of-mouth referral from family and friends to find an apartment (source).
All property managers have the same goal : fill a vacant unit with the least hassle possible. Just like any other business, there is competition. It is therefore important to stand out from the crowd.
How so ? As you may imagine, tenants will naturally gravitate around good landlords versus terrible ones. When tenants submit positive reviews for your renting service, future tenants are more likely to seek you out. Therefore, by collecting positive reviews, you are more likely to receive offers from tenants, and fill your vacant units.
Here, at Should You Rent?, each residential address (whether a duplex, triplex, or apartment complex) has it’s own page. Tenants fill these pages with reviews, and scores are calculated by averaging all users.
What we offer
We offer property managers the possibility of customizing their address page. For example, you could:
- Respond to individual reviews
- Submit and browse tenant reviews (available soon)
- Get detailed reports about visitors who browse your apartment page
- Display your contact information for all our users
- Add information about rent price, pets, and other specifics
- Upload pictures of your units (users are more likely to click on a listing with custom pictures !)
- Display a custom message indicating any new changes in your property (for example, fresh renovations are made, or the property is under new management)
Connect with your old and future tenants and make sure your apartment page is maintained regularly.
If you do not consider yourself to be very good with computers, our client satisfaction team is readily available to guide you through these processes by phone or e-mail.
How much does this cost ?
Landlords can respond to reviews for free. However, the rest of the features are available for a very competitive price of 60$ CAD / year (no setup fee !).
To give you an idea, similar websites in the United States charge 200$ USD / year, plus an additional 100$ USD setup fee.
Do you only manage a few units ?
We understand that your needs and revenue streams are not the same as larger property management companies. Landlords who lease out 3 units or less benefit from free access to our services. We will automatically grant you full access once you take control of your apartment page.